Monday, October 3, 2011

Come sit, in silence

"Among the hardest things in life is the art of listening."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"

I sat outside yesterday morning for my prayer time. I couldn't have imagined I would be able to be outside on an October Sunday morning, but there I was. It was bliss. In the stillness, I heard the birds and only an occasional human. It was the closest thing to heaven this side of Easter, my Friends! We so need to spend time in silence with God! God aches for us to come and sit in silence! God wants to share so much with us if we'd only stop and listen. In the midst of our busy lives, we need to take time to sit at Jesus' feet as Mary did. It sure makes it easier when we can be outside on a glorious autumn morning, but we need to do it anywhere, anytime. Today, let's carve out some time to just sit and be with God, in silence. You pick the time and place, God will be there! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment