Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How beautiful!

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!"
Romans 10:15

So, did we all have encounters with Jesus yesterday? As I drifted off to sleep, I went through each of my encounters and realized how Jesus was a very present part of my day. Jesus was a client, a coworker, a student, a daughter, a convenient store clerk, a teacher and my fellow Zumba dancers! Jesus had a busy day in my life, what about yours? I found that, as I realized it was Jesus I was encountering, I reacted differently toward people. I looked at each situation through Jesus' eyes and saw it a bit differently than just looking out of my own eyes. Now, this scripture from Romans, is actually quoting the prophet Isaiah, and reminds me of a beautiful song I learned years and years ago for a funeral. It was tricky to sing, but, thanks be to God, we pulled it off. The message to me piggybacks on yesterday...how beautiful are the feet of those we will meet today. How beautiful are the individuals we will chat with, hold the door for, let in front of us in traffic, wipe a nose for, help into a coat, cook a meal for...share our day. How beautiful indeed! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment