Friday, January 20, 2012

As close as God's pocket...

My wanderings you have counted; my tears are stored in your flask; are they not recorded in your book?"
Psalm 56:9

I love this scripture, don't you? The picture of our loving God storing our tears in a flask just stuns me. Our God is so intimately woven through every breath we take and every cell in us. It's like when our kids were small and they would get hurt...we would wince in pain ourselves. When we are hurt, God aches with us. When we are joyful, God rejoices with us. When I was in high school, I dated a fellow my mom just loved. She always said when I was with Jim I was as safe as if I was in God's pocket. Let's picture ourselves in God's pocket today and throughout the weekend. Let's hold this scripture in our hearts and appreciate how close our God is to us every minute! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment