Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Come and see...

"Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them, 'What are you looking for?'"
John 1:38

This was part of last Sunday's Gospel and I am still thinking about it! I guess because it is so easy to put myself into the story. Here I am, following Jesus and Jesus turning to me and asking, "What are you looking for?" Such good food for thought, that. I would say that I am looking for peace and companionship from Jesus. Is that odd? The disciples didn't even answer Jesus' question to them, but they asked Him one, "Where are you staying?" To which Jesus replied, "Come and see." The whole exchange is fascinating to me because I can see it happening every day in our lives. We ask Jesus, "Where are you staying?" constantly. We often ask, where was God...in that mess, or that tragedy, or that unexpected crisis. Unless something wonderful or positive happens we may have a hard time seeing Jesus in the situation. But our need for Jesus, even our curiosity about Jesus gets the better of us and we ask, "Where are you staying?" And Jesus invites us to come and see...Come to me, come and experience what true love is. Today, let's take some time in prayer and have this conversation with Jesus. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment