Thursday, January 5, 2012

Explore your alive-ness!

"Wholeness comes to you when you know why you are alive and whereto everything is aiming."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"

Wow...heady stuff for a winter morning! But it got me thinking...why AM I alive? The Baltimore Catechism answer is that I am alive to give praise and glory to God. Check. But, why, beyond that, am I alive. This has been interesting as my role as a parent has gradually been changing. I do feel that I am alive to be a good mom, and that definition has changed from actually parenting kids to my new role as a mom to grown up kids. As roles change, sometimes they get muddled. Sometimes I lapse into the old worrying-about-them form of mothering only to be chided by "I'll be fine; just calm down." I feel I need to offer moral support and guidance, if they ask, prayers constantly, whether they ask or not, and mainly just cheering them on. My role is to love them mightily, and give praise and glory to God that they are in my life. If you have a chance today, ask yourself this heady question...why am I alive? Be prepared to spend some time on it! And rejoice and thank God for your alive-ness! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment