Monday, January 9, 2012

The grace to decide...

"The gradual disclosure of what is best for my life will reveal itself when the appropriate time comes."
Sr. Joyce Rupp, "Fragments of Your Ancient Name"

This is so affirming to me and fits so nicely with the message I received last summer on my retreat! As the last little chick leaves the nest, I wonder what I am to do as I move into another phase of life. I even worry that I may miss the message of what my next step is to be and miss a chance to do God's will. But when I think back on past choices and decisions I have made, they were often fairly clear at the time. Even the recent decision to add another dog to my household didn't keep me up nights wondering, "Should I? Or not?" It was so clear that Tebow-the-dog-not-the-football-player needed to be with us. Why would I suspect other decisions I may need to make would be so difficult and obscure? Oh, they may be harder than looking into the chocolate eyes of a Golden Retriever and saying, "You can stay!" But, with prayerful discernment, the information will be there and needed grace will be given. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment