Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In our weakness...

"But the core of the Good News is that it is not by our own strength we act as true Christians--it has to be Jesus acting in us and through us."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"

I know I have mentioned this point before, but I seem to need reminding of this myself, over and over. It is NOT about me and what I can do. It is ALL about what God can do if I just get out of the way. Traditionally, I think, we are weaned on the notion that we must do this and that to what...earn God's favor? Get God's attention? When, in reality, all God really needs us to do is quietly surrender our will to God's and listen carefully to God's whisper. It is in our weakness that God works through us...not through our abilities. That is why God specifically chose the people chosen throughout scripture. The sinners, the fourteen-year-old Jewish girl, the fiery, faulty Twelve, the Samaritan woman, the children, all served to do God's will though they were not the learned or considered the "Wise" of their time. This is so critical for us to learn, Friends! It is in our weakness that we can come, humbly to God and say what Mary said, "Be it done to me according to your will." Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment