Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The love of Abba...

"The prayer of the poor in spirit can simply be a simple word: Abba."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

I know I have been so blessed in my life to have the parents I had, especially my Dad. Forty-three when I was born, his only child, my Dad mirrored the love of God to me everyday of my life! Isn't that a blessing? Fortunately, his over-abundant love was tempered by my Mom's firm guidance or I would have fairly intolerable to be around! As I see it though, that love was a glimpse of the love of God for me...my Abba. Today, let's think about the love we have experienced here in this life and multiply it by a bazillion...and that doesn't come close to the love of Abba. Kind of hard to wrap our minds around, isn't it? Let's bask in that this winter Wednesday...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment