Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Santa Fe, all the way!

"Santa Fe, All the Way!"
Fr. Ed Hays, "The Lenten Labyrinth"

Fr. Ed Hays uses this mini prayer in a couple of his Lenten journey books...Santa fe means "Holy Faith" and it certainly is a quality to yearn for during Lent! It is so amazing when all this reading we do pays off and we can pull something out of our hearts that we read and use it. Just yesterday, I called upon Fr. Ed for inspiration, and I got "Santa Fe, all the way!" Oldest daughter, Jeni Rose texted to say she was making a HUGE job change. My first instinct is to panic and call to talk her out of it. It's not sensible, I'd say, in my motherly, concerned way. What if it doesn't work out, I'd question, starting to feel my heart pick up speed. But, instead, I thought of Fr. Ed's Lenten prayer, and I texted back, "Santa Fe, all the way!" That, of course, prompted a call, "What did your text mean?" It means, that holy faith is my response to your job change, Dear One. I trust in you, your abilities, your talent, and, above all, I trust that God holds you in the palm of his hand and you will be OK. It gave me the ability to celebrate with her, this new step in her life, and not throw a wet blanket on her joy. Santa Fe, all the way! Love, heidi

2 comments: