Thursday, May 10, 2012

I've got that joy, joy, joy...

"I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete."
John 15:11

Devotion writer, David Nantais, in today's "Living Faith," asks the question, "When was the last time you experienced delicious, unalloyed joy?" Yesterday. I was just finishing up my second appointment of the morning. As I was getting up to leave, the dear, elderly lady struggled to pull herself up out of the chair. "Oh, you don't need to get up," I assured, "I know my way out." "Oh, I know," she said, "I just want to give you a hug." I left her home and walked out into the gloriously warm, windless morning. I got in the car and realized I had just had two wonderful appointments with two lovely women and had received two grateful hugs, and it wasn't even noon! It doesn't get much better than that! The joy of my life just welled up inside me and I thought I was gonna burst. I recognized it as such a gift. This gift of joy is constantly being given to us, but sometimes it takes many wonderful circumstances coming together at the same time for us to realize it. Today, I can hear the wind is back, but I do know the feeling of that joy, joy, joy, joy...down in my heart! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment