Thursday, July 26, 2012

Alone, not lonely

"Your presence makes the difference
Between aloneness and loneliness.
Your companionship quiets me.
A loving stillness encircles my being.
I can reside in my solitariness
And not grow restless or fearful.
Knowing you are here with me
Allows my spirit to be at peace,
To be alone without feeling isolated
Because you are ever by my side."
Sr. Joyce Rupp, "Fragments of Your Ancient Name"

I sure couldn't have put this better myself! It is so much I how feel every day. I sit outside watching the sun first appear on the very top of the pine tree and, even though I may be alone, there are birds, squirrels and insects that make the place almost crowded! And there is such a peace...a peace that can only come from the Source of all peace. Thank you, dear Jesus, for sharing my everything! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment