Tuesday, July 10, 2012

For those who work today...

"My day begins, O Gracious God; let all my work be done as prayer as I do it one with you.
May I, like your son Jesus, be Emmanuel, 'God among us,' here in this place of work.
May I carry your presence as I respond to all with kindness and warmth, with joy and humble service.
Grant me the grace to love Christ in all who will share my life this day.
O God, grant me this gift."

Fr. Ed Hays, "Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim"

This prayer is dedicated to all who labor this summer Tuesday! Let all of our work be prayer! Love, heidi

1 comment:

  1. My summer break is coming to a close. I really enjoy being home and doing 'homey' things so going back to work is sometimes a grumble, fuss, flat out I don't want too... Thank you for your reminder that our work can be a prayer. Yesterday I read "if you don't work, you don't eat." I think God is telling me to smile as I go back to work Monday.

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete