Thursday, July 12, 2012

Most loving parent...

"Yet, though I stooped to feed my child, they did not know that I was their healer."
Hosea 11:4

I love this image of God the parent, but this reading today really struck me. God is such a thankless lover and compassionate parent! Regardless of how shabby God was treated by the Israelites, God kept coming back for more. It is easier to see God mirrored through our parents if had a loving childhood. My parents were such a nice balance of parenting. My dad was an over-indulgent, Heidi-can-do-no-wrong, parent. My mom was firm and realistic, not wanting me to be spoiled. Between the two of them, I received a lovely balance of firm, yet abundant, love. I caught a glimpse of the overly indulgent God in my dad and the loving, yet ever-guiding and teaching God in my mom. How blessed I am! Let's spend some time today with our overly indulgent God, who just wants us to be our best selves. I have a long, beautiful drive today into the wilds of Idaho...it's an excellent opportunity to spend time with my most Loving Parent! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment