Thursday, August 30, 2012

The best gift...

"If we miss the gifts, we miss the loving presence of the God who gives them."
Fr. Kenneth Grabner, "Living Faith"
 
I really liked this today. I am so much more aware of the gifts I receive everyday from God, but this gives me something else to ponder. The gifts represent the loving presence of God. The true gift is the presence beyond the gift. Wow, that. Today I have a long drive to see clients in the hither-lands of Idaho. Usually this trip is Prime Time for me receiving so many wonderful gifts; the scenery, the peacefulness, the long time spent in the company of God. Today, let's be especially aware of the gifts in our day and go behind the gift to the presence of our loving God. We may enjoy the sunset, but let's enjoy the presence of God behind the sunset. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment