Friday, August 31, 2012

Change...

"To listen to God, to be open only to him in the stillness, is true love."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"
 
The last day of August. Labor Day weekend. It all points to one thing for me. Change. Soon my backyard chapel will change colors, even though the warmth will linger for a while longer. My days have already begun to change, with school kids on my calendar now. Soon, the dizzying schedule of autumn activities...retreat, In-service, Girls' Weekend, the last unfettered trips to see friends before winter. Change. I hope and pray that I can read and re-read Fr. Wilfrid's statement here often and take it to heart. In the stillness is God. In the quiet times, squeezing out a few more afternoons reading in the sun, I can see God. I imagine God will come inside with me for the winter, but I have such a rich experience of God outside that I tend to cling to that. So, during this weekend of BBQ's, the fair, the fun and the friends, let's take one or two moments to relish a bit of stillness. And let's all be safe and pray for those who are struggling this weekend. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment