Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Love is...

"(Love) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:7-8

Many years ago, Daughter Jeni gave me a small stuffed bear. He is the cutest thing--he has on a little sweater with a heart on the front! I had the bear quite a while before I noticed his little foot had, "Love bears all things" stamped on the bottom. At the time (and even now) it strikes me as so beautiful. Pun aside, I needed to see that message then and still do each day. We go through much in our lives that baffles us, scares us, frightens us, angers us...you get the idea. But one message to hang our hats on is "Love bears all things." I have heard that you can interchange the name of God in St. Paul's reading on love. God is patient, God is kind...and so forth. So, God bears all things, works too. And God never fails. I know that as I go through this day I will remember that little bear with the wise Truth stamped on his little foot...Love bears all things. Maybe you will too! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment