Thursday, September 20, 2012

Autumn Fire Prayer

"Dance with delight, O flame of autumn fire,
as the earth, spinning and leaning away from the sun,
begins to cool from the summer heat,
and speak to me of the promise
hidden in this season of autumn.
For spring is seeded in this season of completion,
just as the giant oak exists within the acorn.

Autumn fire, orange and yellow sacrament of the sun,
light up the darkness with your dancing.
Your power is seeded in the ripeness
of the fruit and grain of this harvest season.
Great is God, whose heart is the shrine
wherein lives this whole universe;
great is your heart, my Beloved,
greater still is your unceasing love for me.

May my love for you enflame my every word of thanksgiving
to reflect the golden beauty of autumn
that the earth dons once again."
Fr. Ed Hays, "Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim"

No comments:

Post a Comment