Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We are One...

"For we are all One in Love's Heart, now and forevermore."
~from the Taize prayer at the SCLA retreat

This past weekend, I attended the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Associate retreat. On Saturday night, we shared Taize prayer with the sisters and this particular line leaped out at me. I prayed it over and over in my mind...such a beautiful Truth. It is a particularly meaningful Truth today, as we commemorate the eleventh anniversary of the events of 9/11/01. We are, indeed, One. One with the survivors, one with the victims and one with all others, as our world has never been the same. But, for me, I want to be One in forgiveness for this tragedy, too. It is only in forgiveness that our hearts can move forward after this event, that so shattered us. As I learned on retreat, God can work miracles through our wounds and, through them, heal the brokenness of others. In fact, God can shine through our wounds and make something beautiful happen. So, today, let's clear the cobwebs of anger and bitterness that may still remain in our hearts. Let's open up and allow God to shine through the wounds of 9/11. Let's make 9/11/12 an opportunity to allow God to work through us for peace in the world. Amen. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment