Friday, April 19, 2013

Change of heart

"So Ananias went and entered the house..."
Acts 9:17

In today's reflection on this reading in "The Word Among Us," the author points out, "Ananias believed God and let his mind be changed." (The Word Among Us) Ananias was the one God appointed to go to Saul and baptize him...after Saul had been persecuting the early members of The Way. No wonder Ananias gave that request a second look! So, he asked God for clarification, God gave it to him and off he went to baptize Saul. So Saul's stunning change-of-heart wasn't the only one in this story! That got me thinking about all the times God has changed my mind. The interesting thing about these times is that God changed not only my mind, but my heart as well. God didn't just get me to do something I didn't want to do, but God changed my desire and I ended up really wanting to do it! God doesn't want us grudgingly going around doing God's will! But God can change our hearts so that we desire to do what we are asked to do. All we need is to be open to having our minds and heart changed. That is indeed something to ponder this weekend! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment