Thursday, April 18, 2013

I need to see You...

"Show me your Glory!"
Exodus 33:18
 
I have to admit it. This morning I was really in foul humor. I was discouraged, disgusted, and disgruntled. The world took one bite out of me too many. I prayed to God. "I need to see you. Show me your glory today cause I'm sure not seeing it." I was to work with one of my cute little "lunch-hour" kids for mobility. His mom came along to pick up some pointers on how he uses his cane. He did such a wonderful job for her and during the time she shared with me some of the health problems he had as a premature newborn. They were so distressing and yet, here we were, following this little guy who is so adept at living life! After the lesson, I got in my car and the tears flowed. "Thank you, thank you so much for showing Yourself to me!" I prayed. Brennan Manning says that we often miss seeing the wonders of God...the wonders that God is always so eager and excited to show us! But, we miss them, so caught up we are in daily life and the difficulties of living on this planet. But I asked and God answered. "Show me your Glory!" And God did. The wonder of a precious little boy who is in my life to teach me, not the other way around. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment