Monday, May 13, 2013

A mother and child reunion

"Am I not your Mother?"
Our Lady of Guadalupe to Juan Diego, December 12, 1531
 
I received the same question this past weekend during a silent retreat on Our Lady of Guadalupe. It was an amazing time of reunion. Not exactly a reunion of people I'd known before, although it was great to see the DiLorenzos who direct the Nazareth Retreat Center. But it was more a mother and child reunion, like the Simon and Garfunkel song. Several years ago, I had a closer relationship with my Blessed Mother and the last few years we had drifted apart. Well, she stayed the same, I was the one who drifted. What I found on this retreat, in the silence and peace of Nazareth, is that I have a dear mother, friend and awesome cheerleader waiting to pray with me through my days. The love and support offered by our Mother Mary cannot be duplicated or under-stated. It is a mother's love, in spades, multiplied by a million. And who couldn't use some of that? So, thank you, Dear Mother Mary, for calling me back and reminding me..."Am I not your mother?" Thanks be to God--Yes! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment