Friday, May 17, 2013

The gift of Sam...

"I came at they may have life and have it more abundantly."
John 10:10
 
I'm using one of Sam's favorite verses today because, this very special weekend, Daughter Sam is graduating from Boise State University. It is, of course, a time for reflection on the warp speed of life and one vivid memory stands out in my mind. Sam was just in Kindergarten, the two older kids were in school. Sam usually came home for lunch after her morning in Kindergarten class. One day, as I was making her lunch, I noticed her outside, with her little backpack on, standing still. Periodically, she would take a step forward, then stand still for another second or two. It was an odd little ritual, so I hollered out, "Sam, what are you doing?" "Oh," she replied, "I'm in the lunch line at school, waiting for my lunch!" Sam wanted to be a Big Kid...and now, college degree in hand, she is a Big Kid. God gave us a very special gift in our Sam and we rejoice every single day in this delightful young woman! A most abundant life awaits, Sam! Love, heidi

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sam,

    Congratulations!!!!! Hugs, praise, and sincerest wishes to you on this special day.

    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete