Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The sounds of silence

"God speaks in silences and only those who are quiet of heart can hear what (God) says."
Thomas Green, SJ, "Opening to God"
 
So, I noticed, mid-way through my journey yesterday, that the fuse must have gone out in the radio of my state car. No music! Oh dear! I suggested to God as I continued to fiddle with it..."Either miraculously heal this or you'll have to settle for me singing all the way home." Apparently, God chose me singing. Funny the songs that popped into my head as I traveled from the hither-land...I Love You Lord, Holy Ground, Dan Schutte's Mass of Christ the Savior (hey, it was still fresh from Sunday!) I also relished long periods of silence (which I'm sure God appreciated, too). I heard the raindrops on the windshield and the wipers whisking them away. The sounds of silence. It was a lovely trip. Even after the radio is fixed, I hope I have the wherewithal to turn off the music sometimes. I kinda like the silence. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment