Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Good fruit!

"Every good tree bears good fruit."
Matthew 7:17

As I was contemplating this reading this morning, I wondered what the "good fruit" looks like. The answer was as clear as day. Last week, I saw a dear, elderly lady who used to be a client and now is having more problems due to her vision loss. I met with her at her little house and we figured out some things that could really help her. As I got up to leave, she said, "I'm gonna give you a hug. I heard that you should always hug those you love and I love you, Heidi." For all my faults, failings, snarky comments and sins, somehow God has graced me with these adorable people who show me such love. Kids, friends, clients...all are amazing fruits of my relationship with God, who loves me so much! Let's enjoy our day today, knowing that every good fruit we experience is a gift. Some of our fruits may be a bit tangy, like a lemon or grapefruit, others may be sweet like a ripe melon, but all are gifts from God, who only gives the best! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment