Friday, June 28, 2013

If you wish...

"Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean."
Matthew 8:2

I love the way this leper models for us how to pray. Of course he wants to be healed of his leprosy, but he indicates that he would yield his will to Jesus..."If you wish..." Since he addresses Jesus as "Lord," we can jump to it seeming like he is willing to yield to God's will in the situation. Jesus says the same prayer later, as he agonizes in the Garden. "Take this cup away from me, but not what I will but what you will." (Mark 14:36) Both Jesus and the leper are teaching us to pray with their prayers. Both are showing a willingness to let go of their own will and yield to God's will. May that be our prayer as we celebrate our Friday. Lord, you know what I need and even what I want. Let Your will for me be done and please give me the grace to accept, even appreciate it. Amen! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment