Monday, July 1, 2013

Bring two!

"Several years ago when the Friday abstinence was since in force, a beleaguered fan approached me in Yankee Stadium. It was a Friday. 'I had a long day, Father. Not even time for lunch. Worked overtime tonight. I was wondering if I could get a hot dog?' Mentally, I thumbed through my moral theology manual for mitigating circumstances: nuclear holocaust, famine, lunar attack, wedding anniversary...what would Jesus have said? 'Bring two!'"
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

I had a brat at a ballgame myself last night. It was delightful. I have a feeling Jesus would have enjoyed a brat at a ballgame too. Why? Because Jesus enjoyed weddings, meals with friends, celebrations, people. Jesus probably would have multiplied them and passed them out to everyone! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment