Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Help me radiate!

"Then the children of Israel would see that the skin of Moses' face was radiant..."
Exodus 34:35

This morning, as I continued our journey through Exodus, I was struck by the word used to describe Moses' face after he visited with the Lord: radiant.  Radiant is a word that brings to mind many images for me.  A radiant bride.  A woman may look radiant while she is pregnant.  But, also, when I see a picture of Blessed Mother Teresa I think of the word "radiant" too.  True, she was elderly and her face showed her advanced age, but she radiated.  She radiated a joy that Christians should ALL radiate--that is, the joy of Christ.  That inner spark or full flame that should put smiles on our faces and tell the world that we are joyful people! We have heard Pope Francis say that there shouldn't be any dour-faced Christians....how could there be when we have Jesus inside? We should all be radiant like the beautiful bride coming up the aisle, or the lovely soon-to-be mother, or the elderly Mother Teresa, with Jesus shining from her eyes.  Today, let's think of the word "radiant" and then catch a glimpse of ourselves in a mirror...we should look radiant too. Lord, please help me to radiate YOU today.  Through all my activities and endeavors, shine Your light through my eyes.  Amen! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment