Monday, July 29, 2013

Let's get busy!

"If I tell the righteous man that he will surely live, but then he trusts in his righteousness and does evil, none of the righteous things he has done will be remembered; he will die for the evil he has done."
Ezekiel 33:13
 
I was very fortunate to be able to watch many of the events of World Youth Day online from Brazil over the past week.  Some were so beautiful, they made me teary. But, mostly, I found myself so inspired to be a better Christian, a better Catholic, a MUCH better human being. If I can glean that inspiration from just watching it on the computer, imagine how inspirational it would be to actually be there?  Pope Francis' message to get out there and help the people who need help the most resonated with me, and seeing him do just that really brought it all home. Just how concrete is this?  I feel I must give of myself more; share more of what I have with others, conserve the resources like water and energy, in honor of those who have little access to same.  If I have difficulty with the institution or bureaucracy of the church, channel that energy into a positive action for someone else. Find out what really matters in the day to day life of individual people and affect change there, don't fret and stew about things I cannot change.  Simplicity, charity, discipleship.  This is the charism of the Sisters of Charity and was demonstrated so powerfully to me by the pope and the youth of the world.  Let's get busy and put legs on them!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment