Friday, August 16, 2013

Woman flees to the wilderness...

"The woman herself fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared for her by God."
Revelations 12:6

As I listened to this reading last night at mass, my ears perked up at this part. "Wow," I thought. "That sounds like me! Woman fleeing into the wilderness!" I am so blessed to be able to make a silent retreat at Marymount Hermitage over in western Idaho for the next several days, so I am fleeing to the wilderness myself...definitely to a place prepared for me by God. In today's reflection in "Reflections for Ragamuffins," Brennan Manning says, "...everything that happens to us has been designed to teach us holiness." Isn't that amazing?  You will all be in my prayers while I'm on retreat and I will be listening intently to the Holy Spirit so should have many new tidbits to share when the Heidi-grams return next Wednesday. Blessings to you all and enjoy your summer weekend! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment