Wednesday, September 18, 2013

God, riding up front...

"The Father cares. He knows each of us by name. He is deeply involved in the little drama of our personal existence."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"
 
This astounds me this morning.  I guess because there are so many Big Things in the world for God to be deeply involved in...why my little dramas?  I had a particularly frustrating day yesterday and, looking back on it, I didn't think of God once.  Not once, during my little dramas, did I pray.  Not once did I turn to God.  It would have been so much better for me if I had! You see, once I did sit down and contemplate the frustrations of the day, God was right in the middle of it all.  So, why couldn't I seek God at the time?  Interesting.  As spiritual as I like to think I am, I still sometimes think of God as the court of last resort.  Today, God is going to ride shot-gun my whole day!  I'm not just going to think back, regrettably, of how I could have called on God, but I will call on God.  My weaknesses can be turned into strengths with God, and that could ease so much frustration!  Blessings on your day, too.  Let God ride up front! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment