Tuesday, September 3, 2013

We are annointed!

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor."
Luke 4:18
 
I used this portion of yesterday's Gospel for Lectio Divina yesterday.  It was such a beautiful morning I could be outside, enjoying the peaceful quiet of a holiday.  The word that jumped out at me for meditation was "anointed."  God has anointed me to this time in my life--the job I have, the people in my life, friends, family, even the strangers I encounter.  I have been anointed to be here and now, doing what I do.  Thinking that way about our lives can really help us see the Divine in our day, can't it?  To mark my anointing to my life, I used a little blessed oil, blessing my head, so I can think positive and good thoughts; my heart, so I can love like Jesus; my lips, so I will say nice things and not harsh judgments or gossipy stuff, and finally, my hands.  May the work of my hands, this day, bring help to my clients, and glory to God.  Let's think about the work of our day, Friends!  We have been anointed by God to do this work for God.  Let's do our best!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment