Monday, October 21, 2013

Martha Day/Mary Day

"As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him.  She had a sister named Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak..."
Luke 10:38-39
 
A wonderful weekend for me is when I have what I call my Martha Day and then I have my Mary Day.  Let me explain!  Saturday is Martha day when I do so many activities.  I enjoy my prayer breakfast group, working out at Curves or Zumba, doing my grocery shopping, yard work or cleaning and then attending Saturday evening mass. This past weekend, I attended a dinner theater, which was wonderful fun. My Mary day is Sunday, when I get to just sit at Jesus' feet.  I try to unplug, for the most part, and have a quiet, relaxing day.  If I do any activity I think of doing it with Jesus.  Yesterday, I made applesauce, for example, and Jesus pointed out to me how beautiful and intricate the apple is. I make a special effort to be quiet, prayerful and take a nap. It is bliss, let me tell you!  What I realize is that BOTH days are nourishing for my spiritual well-being.  I need community activity and I need to sit at Jesus' feet. Both are essential for me to hit the ground running Monday.  Which I am about to do! Blessings on your autumn Monday!  Love, heidi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment