Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Prayer is relationship

"Prayer is not a technique but a relationship."
Sr. Ruth Burrows, "Essence of Prayer"
 
The last couple of days have been a mixed bag for me.  One day, I am driving to Rexburg, frustrated and irritable, nothing is going right.  I whine and complain to God about this and that.  On the way back from Rexburg, I apologize to God for my foul mood and ask for help to do better.  The next day, mood restored, I am singing in the car (again on the way to Rexburg), I am almost bursting with contentment and joy; praising God and happy.  The point of me telling you all of this is this:  it is ALL prayer!  The whining, complaining, singing, apologizing, hands-raised praising, joyful thanksgiving--it is all prayer because, as prayer is defined here, it is relationship.  God was there and happy to hear all of it, even the whining.  Because God knew that the very next day the whining would turn to singing.  Talk to God.  No matter what you say.  God wants to hear it all from us!  Love, heidi

1 comment:

  1. This really spoke to me. Content, not content, happy, sad...thanks for all of your great posts but I wanted to especially tell you this is SO me!
    Blessings Heidi
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete