Friday, December 13, 2013

Being led...

"I, the Lord, your God, teach you what is for your good, and lead you on the way you should go."
Isaiah 48:17
 
This scripture really rang true to me this morning.  I think, more than perhaps any other time in my life, I am feeling "led." I feel I've been taken by the hand and am being led somewhere.  I'm not sure where, exactly, but when I figure it out, I'll let you know!  This feeling of being led is exciting!  I'm trying to resist the temptation to be anxious about it, especially as it involves change.  Change is exciting! But, at the same time, I'm one of those people who like to know what's coming.  In pondering this feeling of being led, I realize I need to look to Mary as a perfect example of someone who surrendered to being led and then treasured it all in her heart.  There is so much trust involved and that is something I need to work on.  Being led by God is one of those things that can be obvious in retrospect, but requires trust and letting go of things to come...things that you want to know in advance.  Our Lady of trust and letting go of what's to come, please pray for us! Blessings on your Advent weekend!  This Sunday is Gaudete Sunday...we can rejoice and know the Lord is near!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment