Monday, December 16, 2013

While we wait...

"The pull to see what comes next is strong--both in prayer and in life.  But the Lord tells us: patience. Let go. In the pauses, in the silence, in the waiting, God is working."
Amy Welborn, "Living With Christ"

In the silence and in the waiting--God is working.  That is such a beautiful thing and so true!  I remember, nearing the end of my first pregnancy, dear Jeni Rose was a week late.  I was so fed up and ready for her to come, but the waiting went on and on.  A friend said, "Hey, look at it this way, the baby is a lot easier to take care of now than after it's born!" Slim consolation, that! That waiting seemed endless, wearisome, frustrating and so out-of-my-control I could barely stand it! But, all the while, as I impatiently waited, our precious baby was getting strong and ready to thrive.  God was working through my waiting.  And that still holds true for me today.  As I wait, God works.  Isn't that a marvelous truth to take with us through our Monday?  Let's create pauses and silence in our final full week of Advent to appreciate the beauty of what God can do while we wait.  We wait.  God works.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment