Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sing a NEW song!

"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all you lands."
Psalm 96:1
 
I'm not big on New Year's resolutions...they usually end up being discarded by mid-January (with the exception of my resolution to be better about recycling in 2006, which I am still keeping!) But, I do love that starting-over feeling of a brand new year and the idea of trying to improve something. In reflecting on this, as I look ahead, I came up with three things to work on throughout the new year.  First of all, I will try to live more simply.  I know, I know, I've said that before! But this time, I may inch forward a bit more.  The less I have, the less I have to keep track of and think about.  "Tis a gift to be simple..." Will try to do better in '14.  Second, I want to be more giving.  This goes hand-in-hand with the first one.  The more simply I live, the more I can share with others.  Pope Francis is such an inspiration in urging us to share with the poor and those who have so much less.  Nothing is really just ours...it is only ours to share.  And finally, I desire to be more devoted to prayer, study and just spending time with Jesus.  It is so important to me to spend time in solitude and silence, but I can get so distracted and some of that valuable time gets frittered away.  So there you have it...with the grace of God, 2014 will be a year of simplicity, sharing with others and devotion to Jesus.  What new song will you be singing in 2014?  Love, heidi
Oh, several people have asked to see a picture of the quilt from yesterday's Daily...just scroll down to yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment