Monday, January 13, 2014

Come after me...

"How shall I make a return to the Lord for all the good he has done for me?"
Psalm 116:12
 
This really got me thinking on this windy Monday morning. I thought of many things, such as Jesus' commandments to love God and love each other.  I thought of Jesus telling us to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and visit the sick and imprisoned.  I thought that listening to Jesus and doing what he said is a way we can give back to God for all the many gifts we've been given.  Today's Gospel, too, touched on that when Jesus calls out to the fishermen and says, "Come after me..." (Mark 1:17) On Pray-As-You-Go they asked what would we respond at hearing Jesus' invitation.  Immediately I thought, "Yes, Lord! Pick me!" So answering Jesus' call is a fine way to repay God for all the wonderful gifts in our lives.  Of course it's not as easy as all that! But, answering Jesus' call on the beach sure seems like a start.  What is Jesus asking us to do today? I hear the call to love God and each person I encounter today.  Any of my silly Monday-isms I need to place in Jesus' care.  I need to roll up my sleeves and do the work I've been called to do. And I need to do this with love and joy!  What about you?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment