Thursday, March 13, 2014

Answered prayer

"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. Prayer is the ointment that keeps our spirits flexible in the hands of God."
Fr. Joseph Sica, "Forty Days of Hope and Healing"
 
"Pray-As-You-Go" asked the question this morning, "What is your experience with God answering your prayers?" Well, I would have to say that God is on a different time table than I am.  When I look back and see the cycle of me praying and then God answering, there is often a huge gap of time! The prayers were answered, though not as I wanted, necessarily, but I can see that the ultimate result was very positive.  So, God's way of answering is a bit slow, but always worth the wait! Thus, the excellent advice about being flexible. What about your history of answered prayer?  It's a wonderful exercise to sit with God and ponder it...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment