Monday, March 3, 2014

Looking foward to Lent...

..."come, follow me."
Mark 10:21
 
I spent some time, this past weekend, thinking about Lent, which begins Wednesday.  I sometimes struggle with Lent, as I'm more of a celebratory, Easter person; but this year, I'm more enthused.  I am thinking of it as a chance to let go of some things, while gathering others. If my hands are tightly clinging to things like worry, excessive TV and computer time, shopping, grumbling and judging, I can't gather better things, like silence, prayer, reading, journaling and sharing what I have with others.  I'm using the image of letting go of balloon strings (the negatives) and gathering flowers (the positives). I can't gather flowers if my hands are clutching tightly to balloon strings! Whatever Lent offers you this year, make it a special time between you and God.  You need it and God wants it...really wants it! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment