Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Yes! Here I am!

"Here I am; your commands for me are written in the scroll.
To do your will is my delight; my God, your law is in my heart!"
Psalm 40:8-9
 
I had the craziest dream just before I woke up this morning.  Without going into all the silly details, I dreamed I was at a large "Come and See" gathering for both men and women discerning the religious life.  All the "discerners" were young, and yet, there I was, discerning with them.  "But," I kept telling the leaders, "Aren't I too old?"  Finally, an older priest said to me, "You are never too old to say 'Yes' to God."  I woke up with that fresh in my mind.  Then, I realized today is the feast of the Annunciation and it all fit together.  All of us, every day we're alive, have the choice to say 'Yes' to whatever God asks of us. Saying 'Yes' to God doesn't just mean the answer to a vocational call, but to respond with love to our clients, co-workers, family members, students, strangers.  God calls us each day to show compassion to everyone we meet.  That is when we have the privilege, and the responsibility, to say "Yes! Here I am!"  May we answer God's call today just like that...with multiple exclamation points! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment