Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I am not God!

"However, take care and be earnestly on your guard not to forget the things which your own eyes have seen, not let them slip from your memory as long as you live..."
Deuteronomy 4:9
 
I had a work presentation last night and  I prayed Jesus would help me with it.  I wanted it to be very good and a good help to the person who asked me to present to this particular group.  I prayed on the way there and, while I was presenting, I thought things were going well.  The group was very engaged, people were asking fabulous questions, I was rocking it!  In the glow of success, I drove home, thanking God for being there and helping me.  Then I discovered I'd done the whole presentation with the fly of my pants open.  Yep.  Lest I get too caught up in how great I am, my fly was open.  God is great.  I am not.  Thank you, Lord, for that reminder!  So, today, I will take care and be earnestly on my guard to make sure my pants are fully zipped.  And remember that I am only a pencil in the hand of God, not God herself.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment