Wednesday, April 30, 2014

God so loved...

"God so loved the world..."
John 3:16
 
This is such a familiar scripture that we may sometimes take it for granted.  On "Pray-As-You-Go" this morning, they invited us to just sit with this first part.  Five words that we can savor for the whole day.  We cannot comprehend the love God has for us.  We just aren't wired to think that big.  But we are wired to seek and yearn for the very love that God has for us. "All human longing is longing for God," wrote Goethe.  Our deepest longings are not for the latest technology or 347 cable channels.  Our deepest desires are for God.  God made us that way and we cannot feel real peace and contentment until we sit with that love--however we can embrace it.  Friends, if I have learned anything over the past several years it is that, God is really all we have.  And God is really all we need and want.  It sounds simple, I know.  But it takes a lifetime to appreciate.  As part of figuring all that out, I begin an exciting new adventure later today.  I am beginning a Spiritual Direction training program that will take me two years to finish and the rest of my life to really learn!  I humbly ask for your prayers.  This is something I feel I've waited for my whole life and has been the deepest desire of my heart for as long.  So, thank you and thanks be to God!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment