Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Today! Now!

"To the servant of God, every place is the right place, and every time is the right time."
St. Catherine of Siena
 
Happy St. Catherine Day to all who share her name! (My Confirmation name is Catherine).  This message today is something I continually need to hear and affirm.  I tend to put things off until a "better" time.  I begin sentences with, "When I retire..." But, like St. Catherine, for me the time is now.  What can I do today to make the world better, in this place (Idaho Falls) in this time (April 29, 2014)? The message I received last summer on retreat was so powerful for me.  The message was that any vocation can be a spiritual vocation if done with love and for the glory of God.  A ticket taker at the movies can have a spiritual vocation if done as above.  Don't wait for a better time to live for God...live for God this very day!  So, I have my schedule for the day; places to go and people to see.  Each one of those encounters gives me a chance to love people and work for God.  Every person is the right person and every place is the right place for me to serve God today.  Lord, I give you my day in this place, with these people. Help me to do MY best to do YOUR work.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment