Friday, April 25, 2014

Jesus in the most ordinary tasks of life...

"Come, have breakfast!"
John 21:12
 
I love this reading today and it seems to fit in with my life this week.  Here in this passage, the Risen Jesus is on the beach, offering to cook breakfast for the apostles, who had been fishing all night.  It represents Jesus in the ordinary tasks of our lives.  Much of my energy since Easter has been to clean, paint and purchase new carpet for my home.  After last week's holiness, this seem stark contrast and oh, so worldly!  So I sat and wondered, this morning, how can something so ordinary be made holy?  And then, I read about Jesus on the beach, cooking over a charcoal fire, for the fishermen's breakfast.  Oh, so ordinary!  I ask you, Lord, as I tackle this project, please help me to make it holy somehow.  Help me to be kind to the people selling me the supplies, help me to refrain from unholy language when something goes awry. Help me know when to quit and be safe as I climb around painting nooks and crannies.  Help me to know that, even in this worldly, mundane task, you are with me, cheering me on!  Help me to remember that anything we do with love and giving God the glory can be holy and a time to commune with God.  Amen! Love, heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment