Monday, May 5, 2014

Be reverent...

...conduct yourselves with reverence during the time of your sojourning."
1 Peter 1:17
 
This sentence just jumped out at me when I read the second reading yesterday!  I sat and thought about what reverence looks like and realized, to be reverent I need to:
Slow down...I can't go barreling into something and be reverent.  Reverence is a slower walk, a softer step.  I need to slow down.
Be "awe-ful"...that is, full of awe.  God is all around me and it is awesome to witness God in action.
Be humble...the awesomeness of God makes me realize how truly tiny I am in the universe.
Be still...God is so quiet and subtle I really need to be still and quiet to hear the whisper of God. 
As we go about our Cinco de Mayo Monday, let's go about our day with a reverence for God in our day.  Our day is like a great cathedral--filled with God-ness.  Let's be reverent!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment