Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The gift from heaven...

"For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
John 6:33
 
As a little different take on this reading this morning...as I was doing the readings, I got up to open the back door a bit to cool off. I noticed the most beautiful, gentle rain, coming down from heaven. I just watched and listened to it for a while. Everything was so still (no wind!) and the rain just gently kissed the ground.  It was such a beautiful experience!  I feel that God sent the rain to us this morning to also give life to the world.  The rain, to me, was as welcome as the manna God sent the Israelites in the desert.  Dearest, darling God, thank you for sending us nourishing rain from heaven.  Thank you for caring for the needs of our land and also, our hearts.  Please help us to appreciate your many gifts all through this day!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment