Thursday, June 12, 2014

Reconcile, forgive, love

"But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment."
Matthew 5:22
 
This one is hard to read, isn't it?  We can't even be angry with each other? Seriously?  Later today, I will head out to the Hermitage for three days of solitude and silence.  It will be so easy for me to get along with others when I am totally alone with God!  I seem to get along best with others when there is no one in sight!  But, we are not meant to live totally alone.  God puts us here on this planet with each other for a reason and, I think, that reason is for us to share God's love.  We can relish being alone with God during our times of retreat and solitude, but the bottom line is that we re-fuel during those times and then head back into the crowd with others...to live and work and love.  We are put here to love God and others.  If we do get angry with each other, we need to reconcile and forgive and love again.  And, with that, I flee to the wilderness, dear Friends! "Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared for her by God..." (Revelation 12:6)  Blessings on your weekend!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment