Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Shine, shine, shine!

"Just so, your light must shine before others..."
Matthew 5:16

Later this week, I am blessed to be going on retreat at Marymount Hermitage on the Idaho mesa.  I've looked forward to this since I went last summer and promised myself to go back.  It is such a fabulous time!  But, before I venture off to do that, I need to let my light shine a little--at an Independent Living seminar for seniors we've called "Spring into Summer."  It will be a busy couple of days with our clients and I'll need to remember this scripture--no lights under bushel baskets this week!  But then retreat! Silence and peace; rising with the sun, going to bed when it's dark and just enjoying Jesus all day.  I think I have the best of both opportunities this week!  Lord, please help us to let our lights shine before others!  We all have the chance, and the responsibility to shine Your light! And help us to know Your comfort and peace when our work is over.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment