Thursday, October 30, 2014

Before I say it...

"Relieve the anguish of my heart, and set me free from my distress.
See my lowliness and suffering, and take away all my sins.
May integrity and virtue protect me, for I have hoped in you, O Lord."
Psalm 25:17-18, 21
 
One of the things I struggle with is looking back on past conversations and regretting what I have said.  It's like I'll replay the tape in my head and wallow around in, "Why did I say that? That could have been hurtful." And, surely, it's true that I say off-handed things, to be funny and they end up being unkind or hurtful.  I'm so hyper aware of this that it drives me crazy.   Scrupulously combing through what I said is so self-centered and, obviously, the time to think about what I say is BEFORE I say it!  The time to relieve my distress about what I say is before the words actually tumble out of my mouth, not the day after.  Lord, you know my weaknesses, so much better than I do!  Please help me think about what I say before I say it, then I won't be so troubled after!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment