Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Out with the old year...

"Jesus, give me the grace to live as you lived--selflessly."
Sr. Melannie Svoboda, "Living Faith"
 
As we creep along to the end of 2014 and a fresh new beginning, that is 2015, it's a good time to think about what we would like to do differently.  I don't like the term "New Year's Resolution," but I do like to find a couple of things I'd like to improve in the new year.  Let's call them New Year's projects or commitments instead of resolutions.  One of them fits well with this prayer from Living Faith.  The other goes along with the Christmas homily we had touching on the movie "It's a Wonderful Life."  I'd like to live more positively--seeing things in a positive light, looking for the presence and grace of God in all people and circumstances.  I want to live in Bedford Falls, not Pottersville! (Actually, I'd like to live somewhere warmer this morning, it's -4 right now).  Living more positively and selflessly is an ambitious goal, but I pray, just like Sr. Melannie, that Jesus will help me change these aspects of myself.  The old year is tired.  We want and need to move forward.  What changes can we make to begin fresh again?  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment